Monday, December 14, 2009

Post Mortem v1

Thoughts on DLM Using Social Web for Social Change
Note: This is disorganized and will get added to as I remember what I've left out.

STEEP learning curve for me at the beginning, which is strange considering I'm comfortable with parts of this. Really felt the firehose for quite a while.

keyquotes for material great and necessary for the ammount of stuff to cover.

Delicious UI was kinda klunky for me for awhile. Getting good at using only fairly recently. When I have some time, I plan to import bookmarks from previous quarters in for "breadcrumbs" for new students and remembering where I found stuff.

My vote tends toward Google Apps for the bgi.edu email accounts we need. Certainly more open source and cross platform for what we're doing. Maybe also look at Zimbra.


The best part of the class for me was our Social Change Project.
Incredibly frustrating at times moving large files back and forth at various stages.
Slow and intermittent connections, many long days and nights working with the footage, audio, and music, computer crashes and rebuilds. I feel most blessed to be working on this team of amazing passionate change agents. This was truly a labor of love. Such moving stories. I think you guys saw a version in class?
Yea Justin, 3 states but at least we were all in the same time zone...not that we would have gotten more sleep. :-)


“Videos
I think I might be on my way to addiction. I love making videos now." <-- Yea, I think some flavor of optional video project needs to go into the rest of our classes.

I really loved the fast collaborative video project on Sunday and was amazed how ours turned out, especially considering the problems we had. I see value in this in other places. A different way of getting more comfortable with on the fly presentation.

Google Wave- I think this is where we need to be going for the next version of this and other classes here.

That's what I can think of for the moment. More in the next update.

Thank you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment